1. the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
2. small case into which an object fits
3. See Sleave, untwisted thread.
4. The part of a garment which covers the arm; as, the sleeve of a coat or a gown.
5. A double tube of copper, in section like the figure 8, into which the ends of bare wires are pushed so that when the tube is twisted an electrical connection is made. The joint thus made is called a McIntire joint.
6. To furnish with sleeves; to put sleeves into; as, to sleeve a coat.