English to English
1. capable of meeting financial obligations
2. Having the power of dissolving; dissolving; as, a solvent fluid.
3. a liquid substance capable of dissolving other substances
the solvent does not change its state in forming a solution
4. a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
they were trying to find a peaceful solution|the answers were in the back of the book|he computed the result to four decimal places
5. A substance (usually liquid) suitable for, or employed in, solution, or in dissolving something; as, water is the appropriate solvent of most salts, alcohol of resins, ether of fats, and mercury or acids of metals, etc.