English to English
1. financial assistance in time of need
2. something that aids or promotes well-being
for the benefit of all
3. a performance to raise money for a charitable cause
4. An act of kindness; a favor conferred.
5. derive a benefit from
She profited from his vast experience
6. be beneficial for
This will do you good
7. To be beneficial to; to do good to; to advantage; to advance in health or prosperity; to be useful to; to profit.
8. To gain advantage; to make improvement; to profit; as, he will benefit by the change.