English to English
2. the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
his state is in the deep south
3. the way something is with respect to its main attributes
the current state of knowledge|his state of health|in a weak financial state
4. the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state
the state has lowered its income tax
5. a politically organized body of people under a single government
the state has elected a new president|African nations|students who had come to the nation's capitol|the country's largest manufacturer|an industrialized land
6. (chemistry) the three traditional states of matter are solids (fixed shape and volume) and liquids (fixed volume and shaped by the container) and gases (filling the container)
the solid state of water is called ice
7. a state of depression or agitation
he was in such a state you just couldn't reason with him
8. the territory occupied by a nation
he returned to the land of his birth|he visited several European countries
9. the federal department in the United States that sets and maintains foreign policies
the Department of State was created in 1789
10. The circumstances or condition of a being or thing at any given time.
11. A statement; also, a document containing a statement.
12. express in words
He said that he wanted to marry her|tell me what is bothering you|state your opinion|state your name
13. put before
I submit to you that the accused is guilty
14. indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
Can you express this distance in kilometers?
15. To set; to settle; to establish.