English to English
1. a white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative
2. an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain
3. informal terms for money
4. A sweet white (or brownish yellow) crystalline substance, of a sandy or granular consistency, obtained by crystallizing the evaporated juice of certain plants, as the sugar cane, sorghum, beet root, sugar maple, etc. It is used for seasoning and preserving many kinds of food and drink. Ordinary sugar is essentially sucrose. See the Note below.
5. sweeten with sugar
sugar your tea
6. In making maple sugar, to complete the process of boiling down the sirup till it is thick enough to crystallize; to approach or reach the state of granulation; -- with the preposition off.
7. To impregnate, season, cover, or sprinkle with sugar; to mix sugar with.
Indonesian to Indonesian
8. me·nyu·gar v menyisir rambut dng jari tangan