English to English
1. Formed into a sum; summed up; reduced into a narrow compass, or into few words; short; brief; concise; compendious; as, a summary statement of facts.
2. performed speedily and without formality
a summary execution|summary justice
3. briefly giving the gist of something
a short and compendious book|a compact style is brief and pithy|succinct comparisons|a summary formulation of a wide-ranging subject
4. a brief statement that presents the main points in a concise form
he gave a summary of the conclusions
5. A general or comprehensive statement; an abridged account; an abstract, abridgment, or compendium, containing the sum or substance of a fuller account.