English to English
1. the warmest season of the year; in the northern hemisphere it extends from the summer solstice to the autumnal equinox
they spent a lazy summer at the shore
2. the period of finest development, happiness, or beauty
the golden summer of his life
3. One who sums; one who casts up an account.
4. A large stone or beam placed horizontally on columns, piers, posts, or the like, serving for various uses. Specifically: (a) The lintel of a door or window. (b) The commencement of a cross vault. (c) A central floor timber, as a girder, or a piece reaching from a wall to a girder. Called also summertree.
5. The season of the year in which the sun shines most directly upon any region; the warmest period of the year.
6. spend the summer
We summered in Kashmir
7. To pass the summer; to spend the warm season; as, to summer in Switzerland.
8. To keep or carry through the summer; to feed during the summer; as, to summer stock.