English to English
1. Serving to contain, deliver, or regulate a supply of anything; as, a supply tank or valve.
2. an amount of something available for use
3. offering goods and services for sale
4. the activity of supplying or providing something
5. The act of supplying; supplial.
6. give something useful or necessary to
We provided the room with an electrical heater
7. circulate or distribute or equip with
issue a new uniform to the children|supply blankets for the beds
8. give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance
The hostess provided lunch for all the guests
9. state or say further
`It doesn't matter,' he supplied
10. To fill up, or keep full; to furnish with what is wanted; to afford, or furnish with, a sufficiency; as, rivers are supplied by smaller streams; an aqueduct supplies an artificial lake; -- often followed by with before the thing furnished; as, to supply a furnace with fuel; to supply soldiers with ammunition.