English to English
1. hang freely
The secret police suspended their victims from the ceiling and beat them
2. cause to be held in suspension in a fluid
suspend the particles
3. bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
4. stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it
Suspend the aid to the war-torn country
5. make inoperative or stop
suspend payments on the loan
6. render temporarily ineffective
the prison sentence was suspended
7. To attach to something above; to hang; as, to suspend a ball by a thread; to suspend a needle by a loadstone.
8. To cease from operation or activity; esp., to stop payment, or be unable to meet obligations or engagements (said of a commercial firm or a bank).