English to English
1. a set of data arranged in rows and columns
see table 1
2. a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs
it was a sturdy table
3. a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it
I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant
4. flat tableland with steep edges
the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water
5. a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game
he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks
6. food or meals in general
she sets a fine table|room and board
7. A smooth, flat surface, like the side of a board; a thin, flat, smooth piece of anything; a slab.
8. hold back to a later time
let's postpone the exam
9. arrange or enter in tabular form
10. To form into a table or catalogue; to tabulate; as, to table fines.
11. To live at the table of another; to board; to eat.