English to English
1. something that resembles a tapestry in its complex pictorial designs
the tapestry of European history
2. a heavy textile with a woven design; used for curtains and upholstery
3. a wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs
4. A fabric, usually of worsted, worked upon a warp of linen or other thread by hand, the designs being usually more or less pictorial and the stuff employed for wall hangings and the like. The term is also applied to different kinds of embroidery.
5. To adorn with tapestry, or as with tapestry.