English to English
1. a structure taller than its diameter; can stand alone or be attached to a larger building
2. anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower
the test tube held a column of white powder|a tower of dust rose above the horizon|a thin pillar of smoke betrayed their campsite
3. a powerful small boat designed to pull or push larger ships
4. A mass of building standing alone and insulated, usually higher than its diameter, but when of great size not always of that proportion.
5. appear very large or occupy a commanding position
The huge sculpture predominates over the fountain|Large shadows loomed on the canyon wall
6. To rise and overtop other objects; to be lofty or very high; hence, to soar.
7. To soar into.