English to English
1. a general direction in which something tends to move
the shoreward tendency of the current|the trend of the stock market
2. general line of orientation
the river takes a southern course|the northeastern trend of the coast
3. a general tendency to change (as of opinion)
not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book|a broad movement of the electorate to the right
4. the popular taste at a given time
leather is the latest vogue|he followed current trends|the 1920s had a style of their own
5. Inclination in a particular direction; tendency; general direction; as, the trend of a coast.
6. Clean wool.
7. turn sharply; change direction abruptly
The car cut to the left at the intersection|The motorbike veered to the right
8. To have a particular direction; to run; to stretch; to tend; as, the shore of the sea trends to the southwest.
9. To cause to turn; to bend.
10. To cleanse, as wool.