English to English
1. a passageway through or under something, usually underground (especially one for trains or cars)
the tunnel reduced congestion at that intersection
2. a hole made by an animal, usually for shelter
3. A vessel with a broad mouth at one end, a pipe or tube at the other, for conveying liquor, fluids, etc., into casks, bottles, or other vessels; a funnel.
4. move through by or as by digging
burrow through the forest
5. force a way through
6. To form into a tunnel, or funnel, or to form like a tunnel; as, to tunnel fibrous plants into nests.