English to English
1. relating to or designed for or using the singing voice
vocal technique|the vocal repertoire|organized a vocal group to sing his compositions
2. having or using the power to produce speech or sound
vocal organs|all vocal beings hymned their praise
3. Of or pertaining to the voice or speech; having voice; endowed with utterance; full of voice, or voices.
4. given to expressing yourself freely or insistently
outspoken in their opposition to segregation|a vocal assembly
5. full of the sound of voices
a playground vocal with the shouts and laughter of children
6. music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment
7. a short musical composition with words
a successful musical must have at least three good songs
8. A vocal sound; specifically, a purely vocal element of speech, unmodified except by resonance; a vowel or a diphthong; a tonic element; a tonic; -- distinguished from a subvocal, and a nonvocal.