English to English
1. having or prompted by wisdom or discernment
a wise leader|a wise and perceptive comment
2. Having knowledge; knowing; enlightened; of extensive information; erudite; learned.
3. Way of being or acting; manner; mode; fashion.
4. marked by the exercise of good judgment or common sense in practical matters
judicious use of one's money|a wise decision
5. evidencing the possession of inside information
6. improperly forward or bold
don't be fresh with me|impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup|an impudent boy given to insulting strangers|Don't get wise with me!
7. a way of doing or being
in no wise|in this wise
8. United States Jewish leader (born in Hungary) (1874-1949)
9. United States religious leader (born in Bohemia) who united reform Jewish organizations in the United States (1819-1900)