English to English
1. a quantity of no importance
it looked like nothing I had ever seen before|reduced to nil all the work we had done|we racked up a pathetic goose egg|it was all for naught|I didn't hear zilch about it
2. a code of letters and digits added to a postal address to aid in the sorting of mail
3. forceful exertion
he plays tennis with great energy|he's full of zip
4. a fastener for locking together two toothed edges by means of a sliding tab
5. A hissing or sibilant sound such as that made by a flying bullet.
6. close with a zipper
Zip up your jacket--it's cold
7. move very fast
The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed
8. To make, or move with, such a sound.