English to English
1. Short in duration.
2. of short duration or distance
a brief stay in the country
3. concise and succinct
covered the matter in a brief statement
4. (of clothing) very short
an abbreviated swimsuit|a brief bikini
6. a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
7. a condensed written summary or abstract
8. A short concise writing or letter; a statement in few words.
9. give essential information to someone
The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade
10. To make an abstract or abridgment of; to shorten; as, to brief pleadings.