English to English
1. a male with the same parents as someone else
my brother still lives with our parents
2. a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group)
none of his brothers would betray him
3. a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
4. used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement
5. (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address
a Benedictine Brother
6. A male person who has the same father and mother with another person, or who has one of them only. In the latter case he is more definitely called a half brother, or brother of the half blood.
7. To make a brother of; to call or treat as a brother; to admit to a brotherhood.