English to English
1. of or relating to or functioning as an adjective
adjectival syntax|an adjective clause
2. relating to court practice and procedure as opposed to the principles of law
3. Added to a substantive as an attribute; of the nature of an adjunct; as, an adjective word or sentence.
4. a word that expresses an attribute of something
5. the word class that qualifies nouns
6. A word used with a noun, or substantive, to express a quality of the thing named, or something attributed to it, or to limit or define it, or to specify or describe a thing, as distinct from something else. Thus, in phrase, "a wise ruler," wise is the adjective, expressing a property of ruler.
7. To make an adjective of; to form or change into an adjective.