English to English
1. Made prisoner, especially in war; held in bondage or in confinement.
2. being in captivity
3. giving or marked by complete attention to
that engrossed look or rapt delight|then wrapped in dreams|so intent on this fantastic...narrative that she hardly stirred|rapt with wonder|wrapped in thought
4. a person who is confined; especially a prisoner of war
5. an animal that is confined
6. a person held in the grip of a strong emotion or passion
7. A prisoner taken by force or stratagem, esp., by an enemy, in war; one kept in bondage or in the power of another.
8. To take prisoner; to capture.