English to English
1. social status or position conferred by a system based on class
lose caste by doing work beneath one's station
2. (Hinduism) a hereditary social class among Hindus; stratified according to ritual purity
3. a social class separated from others by distinctions of hereditary rank or profession or wealth
4. in some social insects (such as ants) a physically distinct individual or group of individuals specialized to perform certain functions in the colony
5. One of the hereditary classes into which the Hindoos are divided according to the laws of Brahmanism.