English to English
1. the trait of being cautious; being attentive to possible danger
a man of caution
2. a warning against certain acts
a caveat against unfair practices
3. judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger
he exercised caution in opening the door|he handled the vase with care
4. the trait of being circumspect and prudent
5. A careful attention to the probable effects of an act, in order that failure or harm may be avoided; prudence in regard to danger; provident care; wariness.
6. A pledge, bond, or other security for the performance of an obligation either in or out of judicial proceedings; the promise or contract of one not for himself but another; security.
7. warn strongly; put on guard
8. To give notice of danger to; to warn; to exhort [one] to take heed.