English to English
1. payable by the recipient on delivery
a collect call|the letter came collect|a COD parcel
2. collecting the charges upon delivery
mail a package C.O.D.
3. the vessel that contains the seeds of a plant (not the seeds themselves)
4. lean white flesh of important North Atlantic food fish; usually baked or poached
5. major food fish of Arctic and cold-temperate waters
6. A husk; a pod; as, a peascod.
7. An important edible fish (Gadus morrhua), taken in immense numbers on the northern coasts of Europe and America. It is especially abundant and large on the Grand Bank of Newfoundland. It is salted and dried in large quantities.
8. fool or hoax
The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone|You can't fool me!
9. harass with persistent criticism or carping
The children teased the new teacher|Don't ride me so hard over my failure|His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie