English to English
1. an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
2. (formerly) a loud cry (or repeated cries) of pain or rage or sorrow
3. an expression of grievance or resentment
4. (civil law) the first pleading of the plaintiff setting out the facts on which the claim for relief is based
5. (criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense
he was arrested on a charge of larceny
6. Expression of grief, regret, pain, censure, or resentment; lamentation; murmuring; accusation; fault-finding.