English to English
1. summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
raise the specter of unemployment|he conjured wild birds in the air|call down the spirits from the mountain
2. ask for or request earnestly
The prophet bid all people to become good persons
3. engage in plotting or enter into a conspiracy, swear together
They conspired to overthrow the government
4. To call on or summon by a sacred name or in solemn manner; to implore earnestly; to adjure.
5. To combine together by an oath; to conspire; to confederate.
6. To affect or effect by conjuration; to call forth or send away by magic arts; to excite or alter, as if by magic or by the aid of supernatural powers.
7. To practice magical arts; to use the tricks of a conjurer; to juggle; to charm.