English to English
1. of or pertaining to or typical of Europe
a Continental breakfast
2. of or relating to or concerning the American colonies during and immediately after the American Revolutionary War
the Continental Army|the Continental Congress
3. of or relating to or characteristic of a continent
the continental divide|continental drift
4. being or concerning or limited to a continent especially the continents of North America or Europe
the continental United States|continental Europe|continental waters
5. Of or pertaining to a continent.
6. A soldier in the Continental army, or a piece of the Continental currency. See Continental, a., 3.