English to English
1. a resource
visual aids in teaching
2. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
he gave me an assist with the housework|could not walk without assistance|rescue party went to their aid|offered his help in unloading
3. money to support a worthy person or cause
4. the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
no medical care was required|the old car needs constant attention
5. Help; succor; assistance; relief.
6. give help or assistance; be of service
Everyone helped out during the earthquake|Can you help me carry this table?|She never helps around the house
7. improve the condition of
These pills will help the patient
8. To support, either by furnishing strength or means in coöperation to effect a purpose, or to prevent or to remove evil; to help; to assist.