English to English
1. Turned about; reversed in order or relation; reciprocal; as, a converse proposition.
2. of words so related that one reverses the relation denoted by the other
`parental' and `filial' are converse terms
3. turned about in order or relation
4. a proposition obtained by conversion
5. Frequent intercourse; familiar communion; intimate association.
6. A proposition which arises from interchanging the terms of another, as by putting the predicate for the subject, and the subject for the predicate; as, no virtue is vice, no vice is virtue.
7. carry on a conversation
8. To keep company; to hold intimate intercourse; to commune; -- followed by with.