English to English
1. Created; composed; begotten.
2. make or cause to be or to become
make a mess in one's office|create a furor
3. bring into existence
The company was created 25 years ago|He created a new movement in painting
4. pursue a creative activity; be engaged in a creative activity
Don't disturb him--he is creating
5. invest with a new title, office, or rank
Create one a peer
6. create by artistic means
create a poem|Schoenberg created twelve-tone music|Picasso created Cubism|Auden made verses
7. create or manufacture a man-made product
We produce more cars than we can sell|The company has been making toys for two centuries
8. To bring into being; to form out of nothing; to cause to exist.