English to English
1. occurring in or belonging to the present time
current events|the current topic|current negotiations|current psychoanalytic theories|the ship's current position
2. Running or moving rapidly.
3. a flow of electricity through a conductor
the current was measured in amperes
4. a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes)
the raft floated downstream on the current|he felt a stream of air|the hose ejected a stream of water
5. dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas
two streams of development run through American history|stream of consciousness|the flow of thought|the current of history
6. A flowing or passing; onward motion. Hence: A body of fluid moving continuously in a certain direction; a stream; esp., the swiftest part of it; as, a current of water or of air; that which resembles a stream in motion; as, a current of electricity.