English to English
1. Capable of causing death; mortal; fatal; destructive; certain or likely to cause death; as, a deadly blow or wound.
2. causing or capable of causing death
a fatal accident|a deadly enemy|mortal combat|a mortal illness
3. of an instrument of certain death
deadly poisons|lethal weapon|a lethal injection
4. extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom
venomous snakes|a virulent insect bite
5. involving loss of divine grace or spiritual death
the seven deadly sins
6. exceedingly harmful
7. (of a disease) having a rapid course and violent effect
8. as if dead
9. (used as intensives) extremely
she was madly in love|deadly dull|deadly earnest|deucedly clever|insanely jealous
10. In a manner resembling, or as if produced by, death.