English to English
1. the trait of lacking restraint or control; reckless freedom from inhibition or worry
she danced with abandon
2. a feeling of extreme emotional intensity
the wildness of his anger
3. Abandonment; relinquishment.
4. A complete giving up to natural impulses; freedom from artificial constraint; careless freedom or ease.
5. forsake, leave behind
We abandoned the old car in the empty parking lot
6. give up with the intent of never claiming again
Abandon your life to God|She gave up her children to her ex-husband when she moved to Tahiti|We gave the drowning victim up for dead
7. leave behind empty; move out of
You must vacate your office by tonight
8. stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims
He abandoned the thought of asking for her hand in marriage|Both sides have to give up some claims in these negotiations
9. leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch
The mother deserted her children
10. To cast or drive out; to banish; to expel; to reject.