English to English
1. relying on or requiring a person or thing for support, supply, or what is needed
dependent children|dependent on moisture
2. (of a clause) unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence
a subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence
3. Hanging down; as, a dependent bough or leaf.
4. contingent on something else
5. held from above
a pendant bunch of grapes
6. being under the power or sovereignty of another or others
subject peoples|a dependent prince
7. addicted to a drug
8. a person who relies on another person for support (especially financial support)
9. One who depends; one who is sustained by another, or who relies on another for support of favor; a hanger-on; a retainer; as, a numerous train of dependents.