English to English
1. give a description of
He drew an elaborate plan of attack
2. to give an account or representation of in words
Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental
3. make a mark or lines on a surface
draw a line|trace the outline of a figure in the sand
4. identify as in botany or biology, for example
5. To represent by drawing; to draw a plan of; to delineate; to trace or mark out; as, to describe a circle by the compasses; a torch waved about the head in such a way as to describe a circle.
6. To use the faculty of describing; to give a description; as, Milton describes with uncommon force and beauty.