English to English
1. the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
2. an inclination to want things
a man of many desires
3. something that is desired
4. The natural longing that is excited by the enjoyment or the thought of any good, and impels to action or effort its continuance or possession; an eager wish to obtain or enjoy.
5. feel or have a desire for; want strongly
I want to go home now|I want my own room
6. expect and wish
I trust you will behave better from now on|I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise
7. express a desire for
8. To long for; to wish for earnestly; to covet.