English to English
1. Serving to determine or limit; determinative.
2. having the power or quality of deciding
the crucial experiment|cast the deciding vote|the determinative (or determinant) battle
3. a determining or causal element or factor
education is an important determinant of one's outlook on life
4. the site on the surface of an antigen molecule to which an antibody attaches itself
5. a square matrix used to solve simultaneous equations
6. That which serves to determine; that which causes determination.