English to English
1. a conversation between two persons
2. the lines spoken by characters in drama or fiction
3. a literary composition in the form of a conversation between two people
he has read Plato's Dialogues in the original Greek
4. a discussion intended to produce an agreement
the buyout negotiation lasted several days|they disagreed but kept an open dialogue|talks between Israelis and Palestinians
5. A conversation between two or more persons; particularly, a formal conservation in theatrical performances or in scholastic exercises.
6. To take part in a dialogue; to dialogize.
7. To express as in dialogue.