English to English
1. the body of Jews (or Jewish communities) outside Palestine or modern Israel
2. the dispersion of the Jews outside Israel; from the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 587-86 BC when they were exiled to Babylonia up to the present time
3. the dispersion or spreading of something that was originally localized (as a people or language or culture)
4. Lit., "Dispersion." -- applied collectively: (a) To those Jews who, after the Exile, were scattered through the Old World, and afterwards to Jewish Christians living among heathen. Cf. James i. 1. (b) By extension, to Christians isolated from their own communion, as among the Moravians to those living, usually as missionaries, outside of the parent congregation.
Indonesian to Indonesian
5. masa tercerai-berainya suatu bangsa yg tersebar di berbagai penjuru dunia dan bangsa tsb tidak memiliki negara, msl bangsa Yahudi sebelum negara Israel berdiri pd tahun 1948