English to English
1. of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality
diseases endemic to the tropics|endemic malaria|food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of the world
2. native to or confined to a certain region
the islands have a number of interesting endemic species
3. Peculiar to a district or particular locality, or class of persons; as, an endemic disease.
4. Belonging or native to a particular people or country; native as distinguished from introduced or naturalized; hence, regularly or ordinarily occurring in a given region; local; as, a plant endemic in Australia; -- often distinguished from exotic.
5. originating where it is found
the autochthonal fauna of Australia includes the kangaroo|autochthonous rocks and people and folktales|endemic folkways|the Ainu are indigenous to the northernmost islands of Japan
6. a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location
7. a plant that is native to a certain limited area
it is an endemic found only this island
8. An endemic disease.