English to English
1. Satisfying desire; giving content; adequate to meet the want; sufficient; -- usually, and more elegantly, following the noun to which it belongs.
2. sufficient for the purpose
an adequate income|the food was adequate|a decent wage|enough food|food enough
3. as much as necessary
Have I eaten enough?|I've had plenty, thanks
4. In a degree or quantity that satisfies; to satisfaction; sufficiently.
5. An exclamation denoting sufficiency, being a shortened form of it is enough.
6. an adequate quantity; a quantity that is large enough to achieve a purpose
enough is as good as a feast|there is more than a sufficiency of lawyers in this country
7. A sufficiency; a quantity which satisfies desire, is adequate to the want, or is equal to the power or ability; as, he had enough to do take care of himself.