English to English
1. a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness)
he had doubts about the whole enterprise
2. an organization created for business ventures
a growing enterprise must have a bold leader
3. readiness to embark on bold new ventures
4. That which is undertaken; something attempted to be performed; a work projected which involves activity, courage, energy, and the like; a bold, arduous, or hazardous attempt; an undertaking; as, a manly enterprise; a warlike enterprise.
5. To undertake; to begin and attempt to perform; to venture upon.
6. To undertake an enterprise, or something hazardous or difficult.