1. a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another
2. spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)
3. Malice; ill will; spite.
4. feel envious towards; admire enviously
5. be envious of; set one's heart on
6. To feel envy at or towards; to be envious of; to have a feeling of uneasiness or mortification in regard to (any one), arising from the sight of another's excellence or good fortune and a longing to possess it.
7. To be filled with envious feelings; to regard anything with grudging and longing eyes; -- used especially with at.