English to English
1. constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic
2. Narrated in a grand style; pertaining to or designating a kind of narrative poem, usually called an heroic poem, in which real or fictitious events, usually the achievements of some hero, are narrated in an elevated style.
3. very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary (especially in size or scale)
an epic voyage|of heroic proportions|heroic sculpture
4. a long narrative poem telling of a hero's deeds
5. An epic or heroic poem. See Epic, a.