English to English
1. someone who escorts and protects a prominent person
2. the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them
3. an attendant who is employed to accompany someone
4. a participant in a date
his date never stopped talking
5. A body of armed men to attend a person of distinction for the sake of affording safety when on a journey; one who conducts some one as an attendant; a guard, as of prisoners on a march; also, a body of persons, attending as a mark of respect or honor; -- applied to movements on land, as convoy is to movements at sea.
6. accompany as an escort
She asked her older brother to escort her to the ball
7. accompany or escort
I'll see you to the door
8. To attend with a view to guard and protect; to accompany as safeguard; to give honorable or ceremonious attendance to; -- used esp. with reference to journeys or excursions on land; as, to escort a public functionary, or a lady; to escort a baggage wagon.