English to English
1. be greater in scope or size than some standard
Their loyalty exceeds their national bonds
2. be superior or better than some standard
She exceeded our expectations|She topped her performance of last year
3. be or do something to a greater degree
her performance surpasses that of any other student I know|She outdoes all other athletes|This exceeds all my expectations|This car outperforms all others in its class
4. To go beyond; to proceed beyond the given or supposed limit or measure of; to outgo; to surpass; -- used both in a good and a bad sense; as, one man exceeds another in bulk, stature, weight, power, skill, etc.; one offender exceeds another in villainy; his rank exceeds yours.
5. To go too far; to pass the proper bounds or measure.