1. having the function of carrying out plans or orders etc.
the executive branch
2. Designed or fitted for execution, or carrying into effect; as, executive talent; qualifying for, concerned with, or pertaining to, the execution of the laws or the conduct of affairs; as, executive power or authority; executive duties, officer, department, etc.
3. a person responsible for the administration of a business
4. persons who administer the law
5. someone who manages a government agency or department
6. An impersonal title of the chief magistrate or officer who administers the government, whether king, president, or governor; the governing person or body.