English to English
1. happening or arising or located outside or beyond some limits or especially surface
the external auditory canal|external pressures
2. Outward; exterior; relating to the outside, as of a body; being without; acting from without; -- opposed to internal; as, the external form or surface of a body.
3. coming from the outside
extraneous light in the camera spoiled the photograph|relying upon an extraneous income|disdaining outside pressure groups
4. from or between other countries
external commerce|international trade|developing nations need outside help
5. purely outward or superficial
external composure|an external concern for reputation
6. outward features
he enjoyed the solemn externals of religion
7. Something external or without; outward part; that which makes a show, rather than that which is intrinsic; visible form; -- usually in the plural.