English to English
1. By my faith; in truth; verily.
2. a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny
he lost his faith but not his morality
3. complete confidence in a person or plan etc
he cherished the faith of a good woman|the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust
4. an institution to express belief in a divine power
he was raised in the Baptist religion|a member of his own faith contradicted him
5. loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person
keep the faith|they broke faith with their investors
6. Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, resting solely and implicitly on his authority and veracity; reliance on testimony.