English to English
1. a prominent attribute or aspect of something
the map showed roads and other features|generosity is one of his best characteristics
2. the characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin
an expression of pleasure crossed his features|his lineaments were very regular
3. the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater
the feature tonight is `Casablanca'
4. a special or prominent article in a newspaper or magazine
they ran a feature on retirement planning
5. (linguistics) a distinctive characteristic of a linguistic unit that serves to distinguish it from other units of the same kind
6. an article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles
7. The make, form, or outward appearance of a person; the whole turn or style of the body; esp., good appearance.
8. have as a feature
This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France
9. wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
she was sporting a new hat